Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) packagedry onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (can use thighs)
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cheesy Garlic Dumplings
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) packagecheddar garlic complete biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, stir together the water and dry onion mushroom soup mix.
- Add chicken, potato, carrot, dried sage, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; decrease heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Dumplings-prepare biscuit mix according to package directions, except stir cornmeal into dry mix and increase the water to 3/4 cup.
- Using two spoons, drop dumpling dough into six mounds onto hot chicken mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted in center of a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover during cooking).