Prep 50 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. These Spring Rolls are beautiful, portable, healthy and very versatile. You can adapt the recipe to include almost anything that you have on hand. I often make them with an Asian peanut sauce as an appetizer of part of an Asian themed meal, but they are also so lovely with other types of dressings and can be served as a salad, an appetizer or even part of a picnic. My friends and family cannot get enough of them. The Herbed Avocado Ranch Dressing is fresh and fantastic in these Chicken Spring Rolls.
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3⁄4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped with scissors
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces baby carrots
- 4 ounces radishes, shredded
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach, fresh
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 16 large basil leaves
- 8 rice paper sheets, 6 inch rounds
- Make the Herbed Avocado Ranch: combine the shallots, cilantro, parsley and scallions in the bowl of a mini food processor, chop for 30 seconds. Halve one of the avocados, remove the pit and add the avocado into the food processor with one tablespoon of the lemon juice. Process until smooth. Turn out into a bowl and add the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing and one tablespoon of fresh chives. Stir to combine.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a cutting board and gently pound to a uniform ½ inch thickness to ensure even cooking. Season both sides of the chicken with the Hidden Valley Original Seasoning Mix. You should use about ½ of a single 1 oz. packet to season both breasts. Heat the Olive Oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat, lay the chicken breasts in the pan, cook for a minute, reduce heat to medium and cook undisturbed for 6 more minutes. Turn breasts over and cook for 6 more minutes. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Shred the chicken, add to a bowl and toss with about 1/3 cup of the Herbed Avocado Ranch and the remaining tablespoon of fresh chives.
- Drop the baby carrots into the tube of a food processor fitted with a shredding blade, or chop them into matchstick size. Clean bowl and shred radishes.
- Chop the baby spinach – a chiffonade looks really nice, but a rough chop will work as well.
- Peel and seed the cucumber and cut into ¼ inch by 3-inch sticks.
- Halve and pit the remaining avocado. Slice into ¼ inch slices lengthwise. Carefully toss them in a bowl with the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Fill a pie plate with hot water (from the tap, not boiling hot). Working with one rice paper round at a time, soak a round in the hot water until it is pliable, about a minute or so, remove to a work surface and blot any excess water – paper towel works well. Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of the Herbed Avocado Ranch Chicken along the bottom third of rice paper round, leaving an inch border on each side. Top with a slice or two of avocado, two slices of cucumber, a spoon of carrots, a spoon of radishes, a generous pinch (2 tbs.) of spinach leaves and two basil leaves. Fold up the bottom of the rice paper, tuck in the two sides and then roll up tightly but carefully into a tight cylinder. Slice in half (a diagonal cut will show off the pretty insides), and place on a platter. Keep covered with a damp towel or paper towels while you repeat with the remaining spring rolls.
- Serve with the Herbed Avocado Ranch for dipping, and Enjoy!