Recipe by mandabears
This an easy, delicious recipe from the July 2006 issue of Southern Living submitted by Kathy Moss. When DH is not around I include the mushrooms, when he is home, I don't. Southern Living used Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing.
Top Review by Jodi Marie in Chicagoland
I made this for dinner last night and it was great! Whipped it up in 10 minutes. We will definitely be making it again. The only change I made was adding a small can of tomato sauce along with the Italian Dressing. That gave it a more spaghetti like flavor and it turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, frshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in pan in a single layer.
- Top evenly with green onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Pour dressing evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Cook pasta al dente and drain well.
- Combine shredded chicken mixture and spaghetti, toss well.
- Top with parmesan cheese.