Recipe by Goofy Ruth
I got this recipe off a Hatch green chili enchiliada can years ago (this is the first recipe I learned to cook). It's super easy and comes out perfect every time. I make flat enchiladas in little crocks, but you can also roll them.
- 1 (12 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 20 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Spray the bottom of 4 small crocks(personal size) with non-stick spray.
- In a small sauce pan heat the green chili enchilada sauce, cream of chicken, and sour cream until warm (do not boil).
- Tear up a corn tortilla and place on the bottom of the crock, making sure to cover the bottom.
- Spread a small amount of the green chili sauce mixture over the tortillas, then place a little of the shredded chicken, and a small amount of both cheeses.
- Starting with the tortillas repeat the layering.
- When you have filled the crock place a final layer of corn tortillas, sauce and top with cheese. You should have enough ingredients to fill all 4 small crocks.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. (You might want to put a cookie sheet under the crocks in case they spill over).
- Serve warm.