Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken schniztel with bacon and white wine The Domestic Goddess shares effortless meals that can be cooked in a flash Nigella Lawson
- 1 teaspoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 4 slices bacon
- 16 ounces chicken escalopes, or boned and skinned breast halves
- 1 cup white wine
- Put the garlic oil in a skillet and add the bacon.
- Fry till the bacon’s crisp and the pan is full of bacony juices, remove the bacon to a piece of foil, wrap it, and set it aside for a moment.
- Fry the chicken for about 2 minutes a side, until there is no pinkness when you cut into a piece. Make sure the pan’s hot so that the escalopes catch a little, turning beautifully bronze.
- Remove the chicken to a serving plate and quickly crumble in the bacon you’ve set aside, then pour the wine in and let everything bubble up, and pour over the chicken pieces.