Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For those who like to complicate their chicken cutlets with a subtle anchovy-caper sauce. I saw a similar recipe on Epicurious, but they left their cutlets thick. I like mine very thin. This cuts down on cooking and you wind up eating less because it looks like more.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs with paprika; in another small dish, beat egg.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dip into the egg then bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter, then cook chicken, in batches, until browned, crisp, and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side; transfer to a platter.
- Add remaining butter and anchovies with capers to the skillet; cook over medium heat until sauce turns brown, mashing the anchovies to blend into the butter, about 1 minute.
- Add wine and simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes; stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons chives.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with remaining chives; serve with lemon wedges.