Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Modified from German Schweinsnitzel
Make and share this Chicken Schnitzel recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place breadcrumbs on a shallow bowl set aside.
- Beat the egg in a different bowl.
- Tenderize chicken breasts with fork. Beat with the back of the knife to slightly flatten it.
- Dip chicken in egg, and then roll in crumbs, cover completely. Discard leftover egg and crumbs.
- Melt butter in a killet on high. Fry breaded chicken in butter for 2 min each side or until golden brown.
- Place half cooked chicken uncovered in a lined cookie sheet, bake for 20 minute, cut into the thickest part of the breast to check it's no longer pink. Bake longer if necessary, check every 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with lemon.