Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh sliced peaches
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 large fresh basil leaves, torn
- Combine the salt and pepper in a zip-top plastic bag with the chicken.
- Seal and shake well. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until bubbling.
- Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes per side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil; keep warm.
- Combine the peaches, broth, shallots, and lemon zest in the skillet with the drippings.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the basil. Spoon the sauce and peaches over the chicken.
- Note: If using fresh peaches, blanch them in boiling water for 1 minute. Peel, pit, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges to measure 2 cups.