Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From one of my favorite local restaurants, Venetto Trattoria, in Scottsdale, AZ. Everyone loves this salad and they kindly shared the recipe with me.
- 8 chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 18 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 28 ounces mixed baby greens
- 8 ounces butter
- 3 roma tomatoes, finely diced
- chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Marinate chicken in chopped garlic, parsley and olive oil.
- Cook 10 oz. of sliced mushrooms with 2 cups of water until reduced to one half.
- Liquefy in food processor and strain.
- While mushroom mixture is still warm, add butter and stir until creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and keep warm.
- Slice remaining 8 oz. mushrooms thinly.
- Grill chicken and slice thinly.
- Place greens in eight large salad bowls.
- Add sliced mushrooms and arrange chicken slices on top.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes.
- Generously pour warm dressing on top and garnish to taste with freshly chopped parsley and fresh ground pepper.