Chef #928625's Note:
A simple and quick recipe to use up leftover chicken.The toasted almonds and celery add a delicious crunch,and the apples a pop of sweetness.I like boiled chicken,but of course chicken salad is perfect for leftover roasted chicken that's a little too dry.You can always make more of the dressing if you want it to be moister.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cooked
- 3 stalks celery, without leaves
- 1 pink apple (such as gala or pink lady)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 1 cup thick mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Remove the chicken meat from the bones and discard any skin,fat,or gristle.Chop the chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- 2Wash the celery and apples.Cut the celery stalks in half lengthwise and slice thinly.Chop the apples.
- 3Heat a pan over medium heat without oil.Add the almonds and toast,stirring constantly ,until they smell toasty and a very lightly golden.Remove from the pan to prevent further browning and add to the chicken,celery,and apples.
- 4Whisk together the mayo,apple cider vinegar,honey,and spices.Taste the dressing and adjust to your taste.
- 5Add the chicken mixture to the dressing and serve over a bed of lettuce or on toast.Chill all leftovers!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Toasted Almonds,Apples,and Tarragon
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.0
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.0 mg
- Sodium 415.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: