Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in a Publix supermarkets magazine and made it as a light dinner. We all enjoyed this salad, and it was quick to make using a store-bought rotisserie chicken. (Cooking time is if you are making roasting chicken at home.)
- 1892.72 ml cut-up romaine lettuce
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, roasted or store-bought rotisserie, skinned, meat removed from bones, and coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 354.88 ml seedless grapes, green or red, halved
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml creamy peanut butter
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml honey
- 9.85 ml cider vinegar
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- On six salad plates arrange romaine, chicken, apple and grapes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger and crushed red pepper. Drizzle peanut butter mixture over arranged salads.
Definitely a different salad. Glad I tried it, as it has been on my to-do list for months now! The grapes made the salad, so don't leave them out. I added some extra ginger and some garlic to the dressing which worked well. Thanks for posting this super fast and easy dinner.