Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in a Publix supermarkets magazine and made it as a light dinner. We all enjoyed this salad, and it was quick to make using a store-bought rotisserie chicken. (Cooking time is if you are making roasting chicken at home.)
- 8 cups cut-up romaine lettuce
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, roasted or store-bought rotisserie, skinned, meat removed from bones, and coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless grapes, green or red, halved
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- On six salad plates arrange romaine, chicken, apple and grapes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger and crushed red pepper. Drizzle peanut butter mixture over arranged salads.
Definitely a different salad. Glad I tried it, as it has been on my to-do list for months now! The grapes made the salad, so don't leave them out. I added some extra ginger and some garlic to the dressing which worked well. Thanks for posting this super fast and easy dinner.