Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Real Simple
Make and share this Chicken Salad With Apple and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 2 granny smith apples, diced (peeled, if desired)
- 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Pound it to an even thinness.
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1/2 inch. Add 3 teaspoons of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook until no trace of pink remains, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the lime juice, vinegar, and sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the scallions and apples and toss.
- Drain the chicken and pat it dry. Dice the chicken and add it to the apple mixture along with the peanuts, mint, basil, and the remaining salt and pepper.
- Toss and divide among individual plates.