From Real Simple
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 2 granny smith apples, diced (peeled, if desired)
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Pound it to an even thinness.
- 2Place the chicken in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1/2 inch. Add 3 teaspoons of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper and bring to a gentle simmer.
- 3Cook until no trace of pink remains, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the lime juice, vinegar, and sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- 5Add the scallions and apples and toss.
- 6Drain the chicken and pat it dry. Dice the chicken and add it to the apple mixture along with the peanuts, mint, basil, and the remaining salt and pepper.
- 7Toss and divide among individual plates.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Apple and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1981.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 32.5 g