This came from one of my new cookbooks with recipes from around the United States. This one happened to be from New Mexico, which I thought was ironic because it's got Santa Fe in the title. Upon reading the description, the contributer owned a restaurant in Texas and upon retirement moved to New Mexico. This was claimed to be an exclusive and very popular salad. Passive time is chill time.
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- Combine the chicken, peppers, olives, onion, and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, lime juice, and spices.
- Toss the vegetable/meat mixture with the mayo dressing. Cover and chill until time for serving.
- When serving, place on lettuce leaves and sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro.