1/1 Photo of Chicken Salad in the Tropics
A clipped out recipe I found that I really enjoy as it uses bananas and coconut along with the standard mandarin oranges in most fruity chicken salads. I love serving this over baby romaine lettuce and with mini croissants. Allow 30 minutes of chill time before serving. (Prep time does not include time to cook the chicken)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup salted cashews (or peanuts)
- salad greens, for salad base
- 1Place cooked chicken and celery in a large bowl.
- 2Combine mayonnaise with the pepper and add to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- 3Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 4Before serving, add the pineapple, bananas, oranges, and coconut; toss gently.
- 5Serve on salad greens and sprinkle with nuts on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad in the Tropics
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.1
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 690.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 45.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: