Recipe by HokiesMom
A clipped out recipe I found that I really enjoy as it uses bananas and coconut along with the standard mandarin oranges in most fruity chicken salads. I love serving this over baby romaine lettuce and with mini croissants. Allow 30 minutes of chill time before serving. (Prep time does not include time to cook the chicken)
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Very good salad!! I made with leftover chicken from recipe#244817 and it was perfect for this salad. I loved the taste of the bananas and coconut and liked that it didn't need dressing on it, the chicken salad mixture was moist enough. Was a great, quick salad to start the week with. Made for Newest Zaar.
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup salted cashews (or peanuts)
- salad greens, for salad base
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooked chicken and celery in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise with the pepper and add to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the pineapple, bananas, oranges, and coconut; toss gently.
- Serve on salad greens and sprinkle with nuts on top.