This is a great recipe that I recreated many years ago after visting the McDonalds Tea Room in Gallatin, Mo. Long since gone, this chicken salad was a big favorite when this restaurant was in it's hey day. Duncan Hines said this was the best chicken salad he had ever had. Cook time does not include time used to cook chicken or eggs.
- In large mixing bowl place all ingredients and toss lightly. You may add more mayonnaise if so desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on white bread, crust removed and cut into triangle shapes w/fresh leaf lettuce.
- *Original recipe called for 6 ounces pineapple, well drained and coarsely chopped, I now use tidbits.
- **Can use leftover fried chicken for different taste.