Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe that I recreated many years ago after visting the McDonalds Tea Room in Gallatin, Mo. Long since gone, this chicken salad was a big favorite when this restaurant was in it's hey day. Duncan Hines said this was the best chicken salad he had ever had. Cook time does not include time used to cook chicken or eggs.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 6 ounces pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- In large mixing bowl place all ingredients and toss lightly. You may add more mayonnaise if so desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on white bread, crust removed and cut into triangle shapes w/fresh leaf lettuce.
- *Original recipe called for 6 ounces pineapple, well drained and coarsely chopped, I now use tidbits.
- **Can use leftover fried chicken for different taste.
WOW is this ever good! I didn't realize I was out of sweet pickle until the last minute but the dish still turned out incredible without it. The pineapple went beautifully with the rest of the ingredients and the coarsely chopped pecans but this salad over the top. Another great recipe from CindiJ.
This recipe is absolutely one of the best I've EVER made! Bar---none! Loved the pineapple and pecans in it...will make again again. Yum! Made for CameraLess Chefs.