Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
All ingredients amounts may be adjusted to taste --- you may substitute the bottled Hidden Valley Ranch dressing for the package, I prefer the package --- I have even made these using Caesar salad dressing from my Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad instead of the Ranch :)
Top Review by Bev
This is a great quick weekday supper! I used Rotisserie Chicken from Costco which eliminated the need cooking the chicken breasts in oil. I heated the cut-up Rotisserie Chicken in a pan and added recipe#313785 till well heated. The Ranch Dressing really made the flavor of these chicken tacos! I served with the chopped tomatoes, green onion and lettuce and also added tomato salsa as well. Thanks so much, Kittencal!
- 6-8 taco shells (I use the stand n' stuff)
- 29.58 ml oil
- 5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small bite-size pieces)
- 17.57 g package taco seasoning mix (can use more to taste)
- 28 g package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 473.18 ml shredded head lettuce
- 1-2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml shredded Mexican blend cheese (or to taste)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix together the dry ranch dressing mix with 1 cup milk and 1 cup of mayonnaise (or according to the package directions for dressing, I also add in 1 teaspoon fresh garlic but that is optional) mix until well combined; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken cubes and toss with a spoon until cooked through, seasoning with the taco mix just before the chicken is finished cooking (do not overcook the chicken cubes or they will be dry) transfer to a bowl.
- Divide the cooked chicken cubes between each taco shell, then drizzle the top of the chicken with a small amount of prepared Ranch dressing (make certain to save some dressing to drizzle on the top of the tacos).
- Top with a small amount of shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, then green onion.
- Drizzle the top of the tacos with more ranch dressing.