Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Inspired by "The Other Ramen Noodle Salad", I changed the dressing to suit my tastes and added ingredients that we enjoy. Yummy main dish salad for summer! Could use shrimp with or instead of chicken.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, any flavor
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 large apple, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, diced (may used canned)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1⁄3 cup craisins
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar (or cider)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 dash cayenne
- Cook ramen noodles in at least six cups of boiling water for three minutes. Drain, run cold water over, drain and toss with sesame oil. Chill while preparing other ingredients.
- Prepare fruits and vegetables, place in large salad bowl. Add seeds.
- Mix dressing ingredients, water, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger and cayenne in a shaker jar and shake well.
- Add cooled noodles, chicken and dressing to salad bowl and toss everything well.
- Best if refrigerated for an hour, tossing occasionally, but can be served immediately, if so desired.