Inspired by "The Other Ramen Noodle Salad", I changed the dressing to suit my tastes and added ingredients that we enjoy. Yummy main dish salad for summer! Could use shrimp with or instead of chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, any flavor
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 large apple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced (may used canned)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar (or cider)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1Cook ramen noodles in at least six cups of boiling water for three minutes. Drain, run cold water over, drain and toss with sesame oil. Chill while preparing other ingredients.
- 2Prepare fruits and vegetables, place in large salad bowl. Add seeds.
- 3Mix dressing ingredients, water, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger and cayenne in a shaker jar and shake well.
- 4Add cooled noodles, chicken and dressing to salad bowl and toss everything well.
- 5Best if refrigerated for an hour, tossing occasionally, but can be served immediately, if so desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Ramen Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 1064.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 25.3 g