Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An impressive dish to serve to guests with a minimum amount of effort! Sage could stand in for the tarragon if you're so inlined.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5-6 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 thin slices provolone cheese
- 4 thin slices swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pound chicken breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap until nearly double in size and fairly thin.
- Lay one slice of prosciutto on top of each breast.
- Top with one slice of provolone and 1 slice of swiss cheese.
- Starting at short end, roll up each breast and secure with toothpicks.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet.
- Saute the chicken rolls for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat, turning frequently.
- Remove the chicken rolls from the skillet, place in a 9x12-inch baking dish that has been coated with the remaining 1 teaspoon butter.
- Sprinkle rolls with tarragon and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
This was excellent. I made it exactly as directed and loved it. I may experiment next time I make it by lightly breading the chicken bundles prior to sauteing. I love tarragon and this was such a great dish for this herb. I was asked by 2 of my guests for the recipe and immediately directed them to zaar. Thanks for a keeper.