Recipe by Jane from Ohio
Saw this on Trisha's Southern Cooking. She put it on sandwiches with the crusts cut off and cut in a triangle.. I would prefer it on lettuce or a wrap. I only used 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill. My family does not care for it.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried dill (I used a 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken in a large pot filled with water until done (about 45 min).
- Drain the chicken and set aside to cool.
- once the chicken is cooled, dice into small pieces and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the celery, grapes, almonds mayonnaise, salt, pepper, poppy seeds and dill.
- Mix until the salad is fully combined.