Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was given to me by a customer of mine about 7 years ago and it is a family favorite in our house. This recipe is easy and very filling. I serve it with a green salad. i hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 large pre-baked prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded double pizza cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- add sliced chicken, peppers and rosemary.
- cook about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and remove from heat.
- place pizza shell on pizza stone or cookie sheet.
- spread pesto over shell evenly.
- sprinkle 1/2 of the pizza cheese over pesto and then arrange chicken mixture over the cheese.
- sprinkle with remaining pizza cheese, parmesan cheese and green onion.
- bake at 450 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This certainly was easy, and pretty good. The only thing I was surprised by was with so much spices (basil, garlic, rosemary), there wasn't the equivalent taste. I think a little bit of salt might bring out some of the flavors a bit more.