1/3 Photos of Chicken Pasta With Sour Cream and Cheese Sauce (Zwt3 Western)
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
I found this in Bernard Clayton's Cooking Across America. I've had this cookbook for years and it's the first thing I've made from it! The original name of the dish is "Pasta Prima Peschke", named for a chef on a ranch in Wyoming who made it up, but that's not very descriptive, so I changed it. I also changed some of the amounts - I only used half of the butter and bacon and chicken called for in the original and it was plenty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- 226.79 g bacon, cut into bits
- 226.79 g mushroom, thinly sliced
- 19.71 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml butter
- 453.59 g fettuccine pasta
- 1Poach the chicken in white wine, uncovered, seasoned with a dash of white pepper, about 10 minutes. Cut into small pieces and set aside.
- 2Fry bacon bits till crisp. Remove from skillet and drain on a peper towel. Set aside.
- 3Over medium heat saute the mushrooms and garlic in butter for about 5 minutes.
- 4Combine chicken, bacon and mushroom garlic mixture and keep warm.
- 5Prepare and drain fettucine, tossing with a light coating of olive oil if desired.
- 7Combine all sauce ingredients except parsley in a saucepan. Over low heat, mix till cheese is melted and sauce becomes smooth.
- 8Pour the sauce over the noodles and mix together well.
- 9Top with chicken, bacon and mushroom mixture.
- 10Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pasta With Sour Cream and Cheese Sauce (Zwt3 Western)
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 829.1
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 201.4 mg
- Sodium 752.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 36.9 g