Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from Racheal Ray. I cooked it up one evening and my family LOVED it! I even took the leftovers to work with me the next day and couldn't wait to have lunch! This is a quick, easy dinner. Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did! Buy your chicken from a local deli. These are precooked and ready to go!
- 2 large zucchini (cut into matchstick size pieces)
- 3 -4 carrots (diced up either by hand or in food processor)
- 1⁄2 stalk celery (cut into matchstick size pieces)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen peas
- 16 ounces extra thick egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- precooked roasted chicken
- chopped parsley
- Cut up zucchini, carrots, and celery.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok.
- saute zucchini, carrots, and celery in oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Cook above veggies until they begin to get tender.
- Shred chicken while veggies cook.
- Removing any bones.
- Bring water to boiling for noodles.
- While water is heating up, cut up onion and garlic cloves.
- Add onion and cloves to veggies in skillet.
- Stir well and continue to saute.
- Cook noodles as directed adding salt in the beginning.
- Add peas and shredded chicken to veggie skillet.
- Return noodles to pot they were boiled in after drained.
- Add butter and parsley to noodles and stir.
- Put some of noodles in each bowl.
- Top with sauted vegetables.
Loved this recipe! Delish way to get good veggies in you! One of my fav's to make!
I would give this recipe an o.k. rating. kids didn't really like it. I thought it was a little bland. It was very quick and easy so I may put it in the bottom of my pile to try again someday. My husband really liked it.