Recipe by Nonnie4Two
Had just a few things in the fridge the other night and came up with this. Surprisingly, it was really good and even my DSs ate every bit on their plates. I used more than 2 cups of cheese however, because in my house, everything goes better with cheese! I topped this with guacomole, more sour cream, more cheese, lettuce, chopped tomatoes and onions. I also served it with refried beans to round it out. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 (20 ounce) package boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 9 6-inch flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breasts (either on the stove or in the oven) until all of the pink is gone.
- Either shred or dice the chicken once it's cool.
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning together.
- Spray 9x13 pan with Pam and place a layer of tortillas on the bottom.
- I used two tortillas and then cut a third in half so the bottom is completely covered.
- Spread 1/3 of the sour cream mixture on tortillas.
- Layer 1/3 of the chicken on top and cover with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.