Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From Outpost Natural Foods, in their Diabetes Fighting Foods flyer.
Top Review by jerseygirl1952
When life gives you limes...Vacationing in the Bahamas and they don't have lemons-but they do have plenty of limes. This was very good. As per another review, I added a little bit of honey. I served this for dinner so I added some cubed swiss cheese, bacon, and quartered hard cooked eggs. It was sort of a tropical Cobb salad. Yummy!
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped (or favorite lettuce)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 radishes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup leftover chopped cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, celery, radishes and cucumber in a salad bowl.
- Blend Lime Vinaigrette ingredients together; lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix chopped cooked chicken with lime vinaigrette.
- Toss chicken vinaigrette mixture with vegetables and serve.