From Outpost Natural Foods, in their Diabetes Fighting Foods flyer.
Make and share this Chicken-Lime Chopped Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped (or favorite lettuce)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 radishes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup leftover chopped cooked chicken
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, celery, radishes and cucumber in a salad bowl.
- Blend Lime Vinaigrette ingredients together; lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix chopped cooked chicken with lime vinaigrette.
- Toss chicken vinaigrette mixture with vegetables and serve.
When life gives you limes...Vacationing in the Bahamas and they don't have lemons-but they do have plenty of limes. This was very good. As per another review, I added a little bit of honey. I served this for dinner so I added some cubed swiss cheese, bacon, and quartered hard cooked eggs. It was sort of a tropical Cobb salad. Yummy!
A nice way to have chicken salad when you don't want mayonnaise in it. I would add a bit of sugar or honey to the dressing next time, to make the lime flavor less sharp. I will make this again! Thanks for posting WI Cheesehead. Roxygirl
Can you believe I made this salad, loved it and completely forgot to review it? I can't, its too good to forget, so good I was looking through my reviews trying to find it again and couldn't find it... jeez! I love the lime vinaigrette that covers the chicken - I omit the radishes. Obviously good enough to be made again if Iooked through my bulging cookbooks to find it again! Thanks for sharing WI Cheesehead!