Recipe by PleasantNancy
I got this recipe from my mom years ago. It is one of those very simple recipes that tastes as if you put a lot of time and effort into making. I serve it over mashed potatos or rice (my mom used to sometimes serve it over toast). The sauce is rich and creamy and you will want to serve with bread to sop up every drop! Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Darkhunter
Very easy and tasty dish, Nancy....thnx for posting! The only thing I might do different next time is to increase the ginger. I love the taste of ginger and think I this could take the extra with no problem.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven 400 degrees.
- Mix flour and paprika in bowl or plastic bag. Coat chicken breasts in flour mixture and place in lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over chicken and bake 20 minutes, turn chicken pieces over and bake another 20 minutes. (If you use boneless chicken breasts you need to reduce the cooking time to 15 minutes, turn, then 15 minutes more).
- While chicken is baking, mix together cream of chicken soup, milk, and ginger in a small sauce pan and heat on med-low, stirring until blended and heated through. Do not boil.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken and return to oven for another 20 minutes. The top will be slightly browned.