Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A simple and delicious chicken and pasta recipe. Doesn't take long to prepare but it tastes great.
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, ripe, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Pound chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Place chicken and garlic in skillet and cook over medium-high heat, 2 minutes per side.
- Add tomatoes; cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Cook juices in skillet over high heat until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream, avocado, and cilantro until well blended.
- Pour over chicken.
- Serve over hot cooked linguine.
Yummmm! Simple and delicious ... the pasta was a nice added touch but probably not necessary if watching the waistline!
I wasn't quite sure about the avocado & sour cream when I first read the recipe, but it definitely is a keeper! The only changes I made was to reduce the cayenne to 1/8t and substituted the cilantro(cant stand it) with parsely.Dinner was on the table in about 30 min. Served with whole wheat linguini and steamed baby spinach. YUM!!!
This was super easy to prepare, looked great on the plate and tasted even better!