Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for a light meal or snack with a green salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 2⁄3 lbs chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1 . 5in cubes
- 7 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces ham slices, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 sheets puff pastry, ready-rolled, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and butter. When sizzling, add chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, or until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms, onions and ham. Stir until well combined. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are just softened.
- Sprinkle over flour, stirring constantly until well combined. Remove from heat. Slowly pour in milk, stirring until smooth. Return to heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line two baking trays with baking paper. Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 even squares.
- Place 8 squares onto prepared baking trays. Spoon chicken mixture over squares, leaving a 1.5cm border around edges.
- Place remaining pastry squares over chicken mixture.
- Using a fork, gently press edges of pastry together to seal. Brush tops with egg. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve.