1/1 Photo of Chicken Fried Steak
This recipe is a little bit of a process, however it is totally worth it. I know that most chicken fried steak has gravy, but this one is so flavorful I really don't think that it's necessary. This one can be a bit messy, but the end result is worth it as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim any fat from pound steak. Then, cut into steak size pieces (about 4-6 oz). Pound steak thin with a meat tenderizer.
- 2In large baggie, place 2 packages of saltine crackers and close. Crush saltine crackers using rolling pin; make sure to crush completely. Empty crushed crackers into shallow dish or pie plate.
- 3In seperate pie plate mix flour, seasoned salt and pepper.
- 4In another seperate pie plate or shallow dish beat egg and milk together.
- 5Place dishes in the following order: 1. flour mix, 2. egg/milk mix and 3. crushed crackers.
- 6Heat shorening in electic skillet to 300 degrees.
- 7Dip each piece of meat into the pie dishes in order until well coated.
- 8Cook in electic skillet, turning once, about 7-8 minutes each side, or until cooked all the way through.
- 9Remove from electric skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate to de-grease the steak.
- 10Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Steak
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1279.5
- Calories from Fat 815
- Total Fat 90.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 247.4 mg
- Sodium 664.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 50.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: