Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin, Ground
- Slice the chicken breast into long 1/2 inch wide strips.
- To make a marinade, drop the garlic cloves and jalapeno peppers through the feed tube of a food processor with the chopping blade in place and the motor running until chopped finely (10 seconds or so).
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth (about another 10 seconds.) Pour the marinade over the chicken and let marinate for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade.
- Arrange the chicken on a rack on a broiler tray and broil 3 inches from the heat source for 5 minutes; turn, baste with marinade, and broil for another five minutes.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes and salsa verde.