Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Tomoko ate this at her councillors home and asked for the recipe. I'm storing it here for her. I haven't made it yet, but will shortly as it looks good. Prep time includes the standing time.
- 1 1⁄2 kg roasting chickens
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 6 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon amchur (dried mango) or 8 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground curry leaf
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 8 teaspoons oil
- 8 teaspoons rice flour
- 8 teaspoons finely chopped green onions
- 8 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- a little warm water
- Wash, and dry chicken well.
- Combine remaining ingredients with sufficient warm water to make a paste of spreading consistency.
- Rub this paste inside and out the chicken, and leave aside for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to moderate (190c or 350f) and then roast the bird for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours or until done.
- If the bird browns to much during cooking, cover loosely with foil.
- Serve warm with rice, chapattis or other flat bread, and a salad.
- *Please note, the original recipe calls for ground rice, but the 'zaar computer seems to have changed that to rice flour. Ground rice is usually made by "toasting" the rice in a dry pan until goldem, then whizzing in a food processor.