Recipe by bonnie-one
I am not a proponent of canned foods, especially condensed soups, but this is hearty, quick to assemble and oh so yummy. I found this on Real Mom Kitchen and tweaked it slightly. Don't shy away from black beans, they are great. We love this for a hot Wintery meal.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn (I used canned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen onion and three pepper blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese or 4 ounces low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and pepper stir-fry. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker. Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Add chicken back into soup.
- Top with Colby-jack cheese and serve. Can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips.
- Note: if the soup is too thick for you, just add a little more milk after it's all cooked.