Recipe by Karen From Colorado
I got this recipe and others I have posted from the back of a package of egg roll wrappers. They keep nicely in the freezer for up to a month (thaw completely before frying) and for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
Top Review by Bergy
These are so easy to make - One difference instead of egg roll wrap I used Spring roll wrap. and I used very little oil on the pan. Very nice combibation.I made mins a bit skinny because I plan on serving them as appetzers cut in three at a later date. I served the eggrolls with fried rice and sweet hot chili sauce.I only cooked three and put the rest in the freezer uncooked Lovely dinner thanks Karen
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- peanut oil or salad oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package stir fry vegetables, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 12 -14 egg roll wraps
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cornstarch and 1 tsp soy sauce; toss with chicken pieces.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in wok or skillet; stir fry chicken mixture and onion until chicken is no longer pink (about 3 minutes). Remove from wok.
- Add more oil if necessary; stir-fry veggies for about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining soy sauce to cooked chicken mixture; toss to combine.
- Remove mixture to colander to drain and cool 15 minutes before using.
- Egg roll filling directions:
- Make a sealer by stirring together 1 T.flour and 2 T.water.
- Place 1 egg roll wrapper with 1 corner facing you. (Keep remaining egg roll wrappers under a damp towel to keep them moist as you're filling egg rolls.).
- Place 3 tablespoons of filling on the center of the wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner over filling.
- Moisten left and right corners with the sealer.
- Fold them to the center, over filling sealing them to the bottom corner.
- Brush sealer onto the top corner edges.
- Roll egg roll up away from you enclosing filling tightly.
- Press top corner onto egg roll to seal(like an envelope); Repeat for each egg roll.
- To fry egg roll, pour oil 3 inches deep into wok or Dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry egg rolls 3 or 4 at a time, turning once, until brown; drain on paper towel.
- Keep warm in a 250 degree oven until all egg rolls are fried.
- Serve with soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce or bottled hot mustard for dipping.