Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is a super easy chicken recipe that tastes so good, and is easy on the budget. My Mother in law used to make this for my husband when he was little, and it is still one of his favorites. I sometimes cut the recipe in half, if it is just the two of us. The longer you let this cook the better it gets, but make sure not to cook all the liquid off. Enjoy
- 12 chicken thighs (or any kind of chicken parts)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup (or Cream of Chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup dry onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Dip chicken in flour and brown on both sides.
- Place chicken pieces in 9x13" pan.
- Mix together soups, and onion soup mix.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water and mix together well.
- Cover chicken completely with liquid. Just add more watef, if it does not cover completely.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- If you use boneless chicken the time will be much shorter. (1-2 hours).