Recipe by CarolT
This is a lighter version of Chicken Cordon Blue from this website made with bacon, regular sour cream and regular swiss cheese. The original recipe was excellent but very high in calories. This recipe, like the original, makes enough sauce to put over a baked potato or noodles. Serve with a salad and you have a great meal.
- 1⁄2 lb deli ham, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups lowfat swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the ham in a non-stick pan until a little crispy. Line the bottom of pan with ham.
- Cover ham with chicken.
- Mix soup, sour cream and half of the cheese.
- Cover chicken with soup mixture.
- Cover with remaining swiss cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until cheese is brown and chicken juices run clear (about 15-20 minutes).