Recipe by loveleesmile
This is really good. Sautéing the Chicken in beer makes for some moist chicken. Wish I could take credit, but the recipe comes from Food Network’s Iron Chef Morimoto.
Top Review by DesertDweller
Wonderful recipe! I did change a few things, I used red and green peppers. I also used skinless and boneless chicken breasts since that was what I had on hand. I only had 2 onions, so I added some dehydrated onion to the chicken while it was cooking. I also added some broccoli to the green peppers and onions since I had some that needed to be used. I used the entire can of beer and basically let the meat simmer until it was gone. I also put some mushrooms in with the chicken. The teriyaki sauce was just the most wonderful finishing touch! The beer makes for very succulent and moist chicken! This one is a keeper for sure, wonderful chicken!
- 1 lb chicken thigh
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup beer
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 4 tablespoons beef broth
- 3 onions, chopped
- cornstarch, mixed with a little water, as a thickening agent
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken leg into 4 pieces.
- Marinate in soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oil for at least 1 hour.
- Saute until brown, slowly adding the beer.
- Once the beer evaporates, add 4 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and saute until all liquid is absorbed, and set aside.
- Saute bell peppers, in oil, beef broth, onions, salt, pepper and cornstarch for thickness.
- Top the chicken legs with the vegetables.