Recipe by Julesong
A different sort of satay!
Top Review by TasteTester
I made this last night for dinner and everyone loved it! The marinade ingredients were all in perfect proportion; I thought the garlic might overpower the delicate and sweet taste of the coconut milk, but it didn't. I had never made a marinade before using coconut milk so I'm really glad I tried this recipe because it's fantastic. Thanks for posting!
- 40 wooden skewers
- 680.38 g skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 6 shallots
- 6 clove garlic, peeled
- 78.07 ml coconut milk
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml ground coriander leaves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground whole cumin seed
- 1.23 ml turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak skewers in cold water for 1 to 2 hours before grilling.
- Cut meat into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a food processor or blender whirl together shallots, garlic, coconut milk, lemon juice, sugar, coriander, salt, cumin and turmeric to form a smooth paste.
- Combine with meat and marinate, covered in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Thread onto skewers without crowding, about 4 pieces per skewer.
- Grill or broil until crisp and browned, but still juicy, about 3 to 6 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
- (An adopted recipe.)