Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I enjoy a panini grilled sandwich with a kick of heat, and this one satisfies that need.
- 4 slices French bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 6 slices cooked bacon (I use the ready to eat one)
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 8 -10 ounces sliced roasted chicken breast
- 4 -6 tablespoons chipotle hummus (or more if needed)
- Heat the panini press on high.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with the chipotle hummus to cover completely.
- Place the sliced chicken on top of the hummus on two of the bread slices.
- Microwave the bacon for 10 seconds. Place the bacon on top of the chicken, then the cheese.
- Finish the sandwich by adding the remaining bread slices, hummus side in, on top of the cheese.
- Place the two sandwiches on the press and cook for several minutes, or until the bread is crisp and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the sandwiches and cut in half before serving.