Recipe by JanelleC
The common bacon cabonara has quite a lot of fat with the cream and eggs that it uses. This is a fantastic substitute!
Top Review by ktbird
This was a very nice dish, both my brother and I liked it, despite being somewhat picky eaters. I did alter the recipe slightly: I added the 1/3 cup of cheese to the chicken (as it was not described what to do with that cheese in the recipe) and added more water and cheese than specified to the chicken. I also added the finely chopped parsley into the sauce. I was going to add spinach to the sauce, but my plans were foiled when it turned out we didn't have any. This was (for me, at least) very easy to make, and I am very happy with the results I got. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe!
- 300 g chicken
- 500 g fettuccine or 500 g spaghetti
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- parsley, finely chopped
- parmesan cheese, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large saucepan with water and place on heat.
- Once water is boiling add a pinch of salt, pasta and cook according to packet instructions until aldente.
- Drain well under hot water.
- Heat a medium saucepan over heat.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cook chicken over a medium heat until golden brown.
- Place bacon back in with chicken.
- Add tin of soup and half a tin of water to chicken.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, place pasta onto serving plates.
- Top with chicken mixture, parsley and the extra parmesan cheese.