- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (half breasts)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 8 slices ham or 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Split or butterfly the chicken breasts. Layer prosciutto, a teaspoon of pesto, and 1 tablespoon of sun dried tomatoes. Roll up the chicken breasts while tucking in the sides to completely envelop the filling.
- In a deep skillet, brown the chicken rolls on both sides. In the same skillet, add the wine, the tomato sauce and the basil.
- Salt and pepper as needed and simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice or polenta.