Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an updated version of the classic. From "Food Network" Magazine.
Make and share this Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- 8 small chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole san marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup instant polenta
- fresh ground black pepper
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with about 1 teaspoon of salt, then toss with the flour.
- In a Dutch oven or deep sided skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken pieces, skin side down, cover and cook until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion, rosemary, and red pepper flakes to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the wine, scraping up the bottom, then stir in the tomatoes and 1/2 cup water.
- Return the chicken to the pot, skin side up this time. Cover pot, and bring to a rapid simmer. Remove the cover, spoon the sauce over the chicken, then continue simmering about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the polenta according to the package directions; season with salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken.
Delicious! Really enjoyed this with the polenta, a new experience for me. The sauce was a perfect complement to the chicken and polenta. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR Tag!