Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is our absolute favorite casserole. You can use leftover chicken or turkey in it is you want to instead of stewing a fresh chicken. Very easily doubled of halved. We like it with steamed rice.
- 3 lbs frying chickens
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli or 2 bunches fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Stew chicken; cool and bone.
- Steam broccoli until tender; drain.
- Grease an 11 X 7 inch casserole.
- Place chicken pieces on the bottom, broccoli on top.
- Combine mayonnaise, soup, curry powder and lemon juice.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter.
- Mix in cheese.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake 350*F oven for 30 minutes.