Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized portions
- 20 ounces broccoli stems (sounds like a lot but it's not)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (you can also use lime)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use extra sharp)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chicken in a 7"X11"baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, cook broccoli until almost done.
- Prepare sauce by mixing all ingredients in a bowl.
- To make topping melt butter and mix with bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from oven and place on a plate.
- Place broccoli on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Then put the chicken on top and pour on the sauce.
- Top first with shredded cheese and then sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
Good tasting recipe. I did not serve with rice and next time I will...otherwise, will cut back on the orange juice for a firmer casserole. Or, I might just add more cheese and breadcrumbs as the citrus flavor is a nice change.
I loved this recipe. It was so good, the citrus gives it a real kick. Awesome