Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe reminds me of the one my mom used to make when I was little. It always brings back great family memories. Its very easy to make and tastes delicious!
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (or use 3 cans already cooked, flaked chicken)
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, steamed (or use 2 pkgs of frozen and cook to package directions)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (in an effort to cut fat, we use low fat, reduced sodium, etc.cream soups)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups dry bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons real butter, melted
- Drain broccoli and place in 9x13 baking dish. Place chicken over top. In a bowl, combine all the soups, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Spread on top of chicken. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Mix dry bread cubes with melted butter and sprinkle on top of cheese. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- A viewer who tried this recipe, sent me her variation. It sounds interesting and may provide a bit of a different flavor. Instead of using 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1 can cream of celery soup, use only 2 cans cream of chicken soup. Also, I add 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, which adds a very interesting twist.