1/2 Photos of Chicken Breasts stuffed with Fontina Cheese and Spinach
This chicken dish has a beautiful presentation and great flavour. Highly recommended for your next 'company' brunch or dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 147.89 ml dry white wine
- 88.74 ml cream
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1For sauce: combine wine, cream, lemon juice, vinegar, chopped shallot and pepper in medium saucepan.
- 2Boil until reduced to ¼ cup, about 8 minutes (can be prepared 1 day ahead).
- 3For chicken: Pound each chicken breast between sheets of wax paper to 7 x 4 inch rectangle.
- 4Place smooth side down on work surface.
- 5Rub ½ tsp olive oil and ½ tsp minced garlic over each chicken breast.
- 6Sprinkle each with 1/3 cup of Fontina cheese.
- 7Top each with 3 spinach leaves, overlapping if necessary.
- 8Starting at short end, tightly roll up chicken, jelly-roll style.
- 9Tie with string in several places (can be prepared 8 hours ahead).
- 10Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 11Heat remaining 2 tblsps oil in heavy, large ovenproof skillet.
- 12Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 13Brown well on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 14Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 15Transfer to plate and cool 5 minutes.
- 16Bring sauce to simmer.
- 17Add butter, one piece at a time, whisking just until butter melts and sauce is smooth.
- 18Spoon sauce onto plates.
- 19Cut string off chicken.
- 20Cut chicken crosswise into ½ inch thick slices and fan out on plates, overlapping.
- 21Serve, passing remaining sauce separately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts stuffed with Fontina Cheese and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.4
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 188.0 mg
- Sodium 611.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar