Recipe by personalchef
This is similar to many other Piccata recipes, but this is the one I adapted to my taste and make, over and over. I like to cook my capers a couple of minutes to bring out more flavor. I also like to add a dash of the juice from the caper bottle. Talk about 30-minute entrees, this one takes less than 20 minutes.
Top Review by Bake Em N Take Em
How lovely it is to spend a small fragment of time and get something delicious! I just sprinkled both sides of chicken with the salt, pepper & garlic powder--didn't really measure, same for the flour, just put enough that each piece of chicken was lightly coated. I measured out the butter and oil and had a lot left over. next time I'll probably reduce that by half. I hate to waste olive oil (it's expensive). Lovely recipe, great time saver. Thanks!
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast (2 halves)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 dash brine, from capers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each half of chicken breast in half, horizontally, so that you have 4 quarters of the chicken breast. Place one of the quarters into a ziplock freezer bag, and seal. Pound with a wooden mallet till 1/8 to 1/4 in thick. Remove from bag and repeat process with remaining chicken breast quarters.
- Sprinkle pounded breasts with salt and pepper and very lightly with garlic powder on each side.
- Lightly dredge in the flour, shaking off all excess, there should be a very light coating of flour.
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat, in non stick skillet till butter just starts to foam. Add chicken breasts .
- Saute very quickly, approximately 5 minutes on each side. Lower heat to low. Add lemon juice and capers to pan. Toss all together, still over heat. Let cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove chicken breast to platter and pour any remaining juices with capers over the chicken.
- I serve this with Fettuccini Alfredo and fresh cooked spinach with lemon.