Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I grew up around my mom's cooking. And I just recently found her cook book. This is one of my favorites and my boyfriend could not get enough!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (you can use more)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 6 -7 mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- salt & pepper
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Salt and peper the chicken.
- In a large skillet (mine was non-stick) heat the oil and arrange the chicken.
- Brown the chicken on both sides, then take out and set aside.
- While the chicken is browning chop green onions, bell peper, celery and garlic.
- After you take out the chicken, in the juce left over, saute the veggies and add all the seasonings.
- When the veggies get tender put the chicken breasts back in and add the lemon juce.
- Cover and simmer untill the chicken is cooked.
It was great! I covered chiken with flour before cooking. And it came out good. The sauce was excellent. Thanks, and please post more Bosnian recipe! It made me and my boyfriend happy for the whole day!
I really wanted to like this recipe, because it sounded very healty. The sauce ended up having way too many spices, and it was thick as paste.