A traditional Scots dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Flour and season the chicken breasts and saute in hot butter in both sides.
- 2When they are well browned, sprinkle with Drambuie, add the chicken stock, cover and simmer for ten minutes: remove to platter and keep warm.
- 3While the chicken is cooking, peel and core the apples.
- 4Cut them into thick slices and cook gently until tender in butter- avoid mashing.
- 5Make the sauce by adding a little more Drambuie to the stock left in the pan and gently stir in the cream.
- 6Heat just until hot (not boiling).
- 7Add the roasted flaked almonds.
- 8Cover the chicken with sauce and garnish with the sliced apple.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bonnie Prince Charlie (Chicken with Drambuie Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.1
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 196.6 mg
- Sodium 266.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: