Recipe by mollypaul
A traditional Scots dish.
Top Review by CuteOne
We love this recipe - it is one that I always pull out for a special (or not so special) occasion. I substitute onion for the apple and have used table/light cream if I don't have the whipping cream on hand. Turns out great both ways!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 tablespoons drambuie
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 1 ounce sliced almonds
- 4 apples
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Flour and season the chicken breasts and saute in hot butter in both sides.
- When they are well browned, sprinkle with Drambuie, add the chicken stock, cover and simmer for ten minutes: remove to platter and keep warm.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel and core the apples.
- Cut them into thick slices and cook gently until tender in butter- avoid mashing.
- Make the sauce by adding a little more Drambuie to the stock left in the pan and gently stir in the cream.
- Heat just until hot (not boiling).
- Add the roasted flaked almonds.
- Cover the chicken with sauce and garnish with the sliced apple.