Recipe by Kubber
This is a recipe that I developed over a few months. It is like a chicken enchilada lasagna. Very easy to make and it is even better the next day reheated!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces chunky salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 3 -4 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 8 -10 flour tortillas, Cut into 1-inch strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil chicken breasts until no longer pink in the middle.
- Place cooked chicken breasts in food processor and give a few pulses to chop up. Don't get it too fine. If you don't have a food processor then shred the chicken by hand.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except tortilla strips and 1 cup of cheese. Also add in the chopped chicken. Mix well.
- Grease a 9x13 backing dish and place one layer of tortilla strips in bottom. Spoon 1/3 of mixture on strips and spread evenly. Continue alternating tortilla strips and chicken mixture with the top layer being the chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake for 60 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top. Put back in oven uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut and serve. Can top with sour cream, salsa, hot sauce or fresh guacamole.