Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that I developed over a few months. It is like a chicken enchilada lasagna. Very easy to make and it is even better the next day reheated!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces chunky salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 3 -4 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 8 -10 flour tortillas, Cut into 1-inch strips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil chicken breasts until no longer pink in the middle.
- Place cooked chicken breasts in food processor and give a few pulses to chop up. Don't get it too fine. If you don't have a food processor then shred the chicken by hand.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except tortilla strips and 1 cup of cheese. Also add in the chopped chicken. Mix well.
- Grease a 9x13 backing dish and place one layer of tortilla strips in bottom. Spoon 1/3 of mixture on strips and spread evenly. Continue alternating tortilla strips and chicken mixture with the top layer being the chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake for 60 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top. Put back in oven uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut and serve. Can top with sour cream, salsa, hot sauce or fresh guacamole.
This is an excellent dish that takes almost no time to make. And it tastes amazing!!! Can't wait to try the leftovers tomorrow!