Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy homemade mac and cheese with delicious add-ins!
Make and share this Chicken and Tomato Mac and Cheese (With Vegetarian Alternative) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry basil (use fresh if available)
- 1 teaspoon white flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken pieces (or spinach for vegatarian version)
- salt and pepper
- Prepare pot of boiling water for macaroni noodles.
- Heat up milk just before boiling and add the salt, pepper, and basil (wait if using fresh).
- Use the flour and water to make a slurry and add to the milk.
- Add the cheese once the milk starts to thicken and turn off the heat. (If using fresh basil, add at the same time as cheese).
- Prepare the macaroni.
- Drain the macaroni and add the tomatoes, chicken and cheese sauce and quickly heat through.
- Serve and enjoy!